Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Randy Moss cut by the Minnesota Vikings

The outspoken former all-pro receiver was released by the Vikings today. It comes as a stunner as Moss has only played four games for his former team. Moss had 13 receptions for 174 yards and two touchdowns and the Vikings were 1-3 in the games he played. It has been a crazy year for one of the leagues ultimate deep threats. It seems now that Moss' talent can no longer cover for his outspoken ways (As I write this all I can hear in the back of head is his "Straight cash homie." remark in my head.).

Moss was crtical of coach Brad Childress for his decision to not kick a field goal and instead going to the ground to try and pound the ball in on fourth and goal in their latest game against the New England Patriots. He also stated "I got fined $25,000 for not speaking to you all. Me, personally, I really don't care," Moss said. "But at the same time, I do answer questions throughout the week. For the league to fine me $25,000, I'm not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct [it]. ... I'll ask myself the questions, then give y'all the answers. So from here on out, I'm not answering any more questions for the rest of this season."

It sounds like to me the Vikings, who have enough distractions this year with Brett Favre and the fiasco of a season they had thus far, wasn't willing to put up with Moss's mess. His talent has long covered up for his antics and he was given the benefit of the doubt. Now that two teams have given up on him (Not to mention two respected men of football in Bill Belicheck and Brad Childress),what will the market be for Moss? He is now the a disgruntled, outspoken and to some team cancer wide recevier. He still has a lot available to give when he is motivated to play but he will always have something to say that may not be the best team wise. Its sad to see such a great player done in by his own mouth. The league will always give chances to guys with talent just look at Pacman Jones and other misfits. Randy Moss has now come to a crossroads in his career. It's his choice on how it ends from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment